Cloud Native London September 2019: Condé Nast, InfluxData and Harness
Cloud Native London was back again for our September 2019 meetup. Check out the summary below!
First Josh spoke about using Open Source Software to operate the Conde Nast global cloud platform, then we had David talking about the Telegraf project, and finally Andy to share how machine learning can help with deployment pipelines. Check out the full videos of their talks below!
Kicking off our evening, Josh Michielsen shared Condé Nast’s story on Utilising OSS to Operate a Centralised, Globally Distributed Cloud Platform.
- Condé Nast is over 100 years old, and has successfully transformed its business to meet the challenges of the digital revolution, and Open Source has been an integral part of that.
- I hope that my talk can serve as an example to enterprises that OSS can be successfully utilised to operate and accelerate cloud native applications and technologies.
- Open source software is a key part of a successful cloud native strategy, and not all software has to come with a support contract.
Our second speaker was David McKay from InfluxData describing Cloud Native Telegraf.
- What is Telegraf, how do I run it, and how can I customize it.
- How to use Telegraf to monitor your Kubernetes cluster and cloud native applications
- How to use Telegraf with Prometheus
Last up was Andrew Page from Harness, who described Automating Deployment Pipelines with Machine Learning.
- QA, Testing and deployment verification remains a manual task for dev/ops teams, several hours are added to a typical deployment pipeline (dev > prod)
- Metrics, Telemetry, and application events are readily available from run-time, logs, and tools, but are fragmented and require human interpretation
- Machine Learning and NLP algorithms can be used to automate QA/testing/verification (the interpretation of time-series metrics and unstructured data)
Cloud Native London October
The next meetup is on Tuesday 1st October, and joining us are speakers from WSO2, Appvia and Intel. RSVP and save the date now! Don’t forget to sign up directly with CodeNode as we get closer to the date!
See you next month!