Cloud Native London April 2020: RVU, Alcide, and Capgemini
Cloud Native London held our very first virtual meetup! Several hundred joined on Zoom and YouTube from across the world, including 54% first timers:
First up, Dewald Viljoen from RVU told us about The SRE journey at RVU: People, automation and data-driven decisions. He shared his slides and takeaways:
- Data-driven conversations and visibility are the key ingredients in winning over teams and ultimately operating systems more reliably.
- Rolling out SRE practices is difficult, find ways to make this simpler for all involved to adopt.
- Automation is for everyone and should reach far beyond just deployments and infrastructure.
Next, Amir Avraham from Alcide presented SSL Certificates in multi cluster environments). He concluded that:
- No need to pay for certificates anymore use Let’s Encrypt.
- Wildcard certificates can be used globally on each k8s cluster for different purposes, just keep them secure on a private bucket/blob.
- Use Alcide Advisor to scan your k8s cluster for threats, misconfiguration and keep high level of hygiene
Finally, Andrei Cioaca from Capgemini wrapped up our evening by discussing Next Generation Platform Architecture. He summed it up that:
- Finding the right architecture in multi-cloud ecosystem to design efficient platforms.
- Compromise that you might need to make when designing a new platform.
- How to blend open-source with vendor technologies for the greater good.
Cloud Native London May
Our next meetup will be Wednesday 6th May, when we’ll be joined by speakers from NetApp, Kong, and SUSE. RSVP and save the date now!
See you (virtually) next month, and stay safe!