How cloud native is adopted and what’s coming next - All the Talks
I spoke at the All The Talks virtual event to fundraise for the Covid-19 outbreak, plus how Slack is handling the huge surge in demand using cloud native infrastructure.
Thank you to the participants for joining the live poll, and for sharing about you and how you run cloud native.
- People joined from the UK, France, Germany, Norway, Poland, Australia, New Zealand and more.
- Just over 50% were backend developers, SRE or DevOps engineers
- 60% run containers in production. Of those running Kubernetes, all run 20 or fewer clusters
- The biggest challenges are the learning curve and adoption across the team, which mirrors the 2019 CNCF Survey
- 50% are evaluating service meshes, 21% have no plans to use a service mesh
- 36% run stateful applications in production
- The impact of the coronavirus outbreak on Slack
- 2019 CNCF Survey
- Slack case study and all CNCF case studies