Cloud Native London November 2020: Megaport, Sysdig, and Nutanix
Joining us on Zoom and the YouTube livestream at the November Cloud Native London virtual meetup were three great speakers from Megaport, Sysdig, and Nutanix.
Jake Tame from Nutanix kicked off our first talk for the evening discussing From Kubernetes Multi-Cloud to CaaS/FaaS (starting at 35:45). His takeaways are that:
- It simplifies operations and offers uniform application, data, and security lifecycle management, regardless of the underlying cloud– at scale.
- It accelerates development of applications (ranging from simple stateful containerized applications to complex web-scale applications) by leveraging simple, open abstraction of rich services.
- It provides cross-cloud data mobility and hybrid application management through transparent, WAN-optimized data pipelines and extensible data interfaces.
Next up was Chris Kranz from Sysdig who told us all about DevOps workflows you can implement to improve your Kubernetes game (starting at 1:00:55). He talked about:
- 5 key workflows that can improve your cloud native applications
- Understand why security is important, and different for cloud native apps
- What benefits can you expect to get by implementing some of these best practices
Finally, we returned from our break with Paul McGuinness from Megaport talked about Connecting Clouds - Designing your multicloud architecture (starting at 1:49:17). His takeaways mentioned that:
- Establishing seamless connectivity between Cloud Service Providers doesn’t have to turn into a networking nightmare. Advanced virtual routing technologies can help you to take the complexity out of designing and provisioning private connectivity between service providers.
- Traditionally, to manage cloud to cloud routing, organisations would install their router in a data centre to send traffic between two cloud service providers. Through the use of virtual network routing capabilities, managing traffic between clouds no longer requires hairpinning it all back to a data centre.
- Organisations that are born in the cloud can access advanced IP routing capabilities even with virtualised infrastructure.
And before we close, here’s our usual Zoom group photo!
Cloud Native London December
Our next meetup will be Wednesday 2nd December, when we’ll be joined by speakers from PA Consulting, Nectar, and Red Sift. RSVP and save the date now!
Stay safe, stay healthy, and see you next month!