Cloud Native London January 2021: Sainsburys, Hazelcast, and Exelerys
Joining us to welcome 2021 at the January Cloud Native London virtual meetup via Zoom, Rambly, and the YouTube/Twitch livestreams were three great speakers from Sainsburys, Hazelcast, and Exelerys.
We are immensely grateful to Tecknuovo and Humio for your enthusiastic and generous support and sponsorship.
Long term friend of Cloud Native London, Simon Perry from Sainsburys kicked off our first talk for the evening by exploring Cloud Native at a 150 year old Retail Institution - the good the bad and the ugly (starting at 30:01). His takeaways are:
- Concentrate on what differentiates your business
- Don’t be afraid to take educated risks
- Invest in learning and self-development
Next up was Rafał Leszko from Hazelcast discussing Architectural Caching Patterns for Kubernetes (starting at 1:00:08). He talked about:
- A walk-through of all caching topologies you can use in Kubernetes
- Pros and Cons of using each caching topology
- The future of caching in container-based environments
Finally, after a break Jesus Escolar from Exelerys talked about Securing DevOps CI/CD Pipelines in the Cloud – 2021 Update (starting at 1:47:27). His takeaways mentioned that:
- CyberSecurity for DevOps is in an unharmonized state. Define your business needs, use the best fit for security tools.
- DevSecOps is critical when adopting cloud-based DevOps. Integrate security properly.
- The legacy security issues are now native for DevOps. Dust old security books. Apply #ZeroTrust !!!
And before we close, a group photo from Rambly!
Cloud Native London February
Our next meetup will be Wednesday 3rd February, when we’ll be joined by speakers from Red Hat, BT, and Linbit. RSVP and save the date now!
Stay safe, stay healthy, and see you next month!