Google DevEx, Cloud Native Development, and Infrastructure Challenges, with Daniel Bryant
It was great to catch up with Daniel Bryant and discuss the Borg developer experience at Google, vs the Kubernetes end user experience.
Here’s four themes that came out of our chat:
- The pure developer - upsides and downsides
- “Infrastructure is really, really hard”
- Infrastructure and standardization is unpredictable and ever-changing
- Providing a centralized source of truth creates a good developer experience
- No unified developer experience, but self-service is an attribute developer experience should share
You can listen to the full episode on SoundCloud, or visit Developer Control Planes: A (Google) Developer’s Point of View for the transcript.