Cloud Native London November 2021: Authorizon, Humio, and Ververica
We had three great speakers from Authorizon, Humio, and Ververica joining us at our November Cloud Native London virtual meetup, with attendees via Zoom, Rambly, and the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
Kicking off our evening was Or Weis from Authorizon discussing Permissions in your cloud-native product (starting at 29:59). His takeaways mentioned that:
- Modern applications require modern access-control
- There are 5 best practices to get permissions right today and tomorrow
- Open source Solutions like OPA, OPAL, and Zanzibar can help get permissions baked in
Then we had Bjorn Graabek from Humio saying to Log Everything! (starting at 1:00:49). He reminded us:
- Log everything!
- Although observability is the new cool kid, combine it with logging
- Humio = Speed, Scale, Low(er) Cost
Finally Seth Wiesman from Ververica wrapped up our evening with a talk on Stateful Functions: Flexible like a Microservice, Consistent like a Monolith (starting at 1:42:56). He explained that:
- Stateful applications can be simple on Kubernetes.
- Stream processors provide the right engine for modern infrastructure.
And of course, a group photo from Rambly!
Cloud Native London December
Our next meetup will be our Xmas meetup, on Wednesday 1st December, when we’ll be joined by speakers from StorageOS, UBS, and VMWare. RSVP and save the date now!.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great month!