Infrastructure Matters - Keynote at KubeCrash, a virtual Kuberenetes conference
I looked at the numbers on data center emissions, and highlight sustainable infrastructure tools and trends for 2023.
- Cloud Carbon Footprint is a tool to estimate energy use and carbon emissions from public cloud usage.
- Kepler (Kubernetes Efficient Power Level Exporter) uses eBPF to probe energy-related system stats and exports as Prometheus metrics.
- Kube-green is a simple Kubernetes add-on that automatically shuts down (some of) your resources when you don’t need them.
- Kube-downscaler scales down or “pauses” Kubernetes workloads during non-work hours.
- CNCF TAG Environmental Sustainability launched in May 2022 and will be releasing a survey in Q4 2022, keep an eye out!