Cloud Native London Oct 2022: Maersk Corporation, MATRIXX Software, Tecknuovo
We had three speakers from Maersk Corporation, MATRIXX Software, and Tecknuovo joining us at our October Cloud Native London meetup at esynergy. We also had virtual attendees joining us via the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
Kicking off our evening was James Cull from Tecknuovo wrapping up our evening with a talk on Driving Industrialised Enterprise Cloud Adoption (starting at 10:32). His takeaways discussed:
- How to drive increased cloud adoption within an organisation and help organisations to drive a cloud-first mentality across both business and IT
- How you can help organisations plan for a move to the cloud, or get greater value out of their existing cloud investment
- How technologists can hone their cloud expertise, develop new skills, and gain access to innovative cloud-led projects by connecting with like-minded communities of technology professionals
Next up we had Paul Graham from MATRIXX Software who described his Lessons Learnt Developing and Deploying a Cloud Native Network Function (starting at 48:03). His takeaways mentioned how:
- Telecoms has only recently , as part of 5G, adopted Cloud Native technologies
- There are areas that need some more work for using Cloud Native in Telecoms
- The opportunities are building CNFs that offer the promised 5G low latency apps that are installed into the 5G cores
Finally we had Dinesh Nithyanandam from Maersk Corporation with a discussion on Code as a Metric (CaaM) - Create measurable outcome by Imposing Custom metric across ecosystem to measure every line of code/service we write and deploy (starting at 1:33:42). He talked about:
- Quantitative measurement a service/code using code as a metric approach
- Rationalising business centric metric via Apdex score for a service
- Derive/Implement SLO/SLI metrics from code stack
And of course, our usual group photo!
Cloud Native London November
Our next meetup will be on Wednesday 2nd November, when we’ll be in person and joined by speakers from Transmit Security, Authorizon, and Amazon Web Services. RSVP and save the date now!.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and I’ll see you next month!