Cloud Native London November 2022: Transmit Security, Permit.io, and AWS
We had four speakers from Transmit Security, Permit.io, and Amazon Web Services joining us at our November Cloud Native London meetup at esynergy. We also had virtual attendees joining us via the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
We also have an offer for our members: 10% off Kubernetes Community Days UK tickets! Join your fellow techies on November 22nd–23rd at CodeNode, 10 South Pl, London EC2M 7EB.
Kicking off our evening was Micheál Kenny from Transmit Security with a talk on Going Passwordless (starting at 14:30). His takeaways discussed:
- Problems with Passwords
- Passwordless Options
- The best Passwordless option for you
Next up we had Raz Cohen and Oded Ben David from Permit.io who explored Permission Models As Code - Securing The Entire Stack (starting at 49:13). Their takeaways mentioned you should:
- Understand why it’s so hard to enforce permissions on modern applications
- Learn about best practices and tools to help you implement permissions for your application in no time
- Always be in control of your permissions (demo using Permit.io)
Finally we had Srivalsan Mannoor Sudhagar from Amazon Web Services wrapping up our evening with a discussion on Building Catalogue and Developer Platform using Backstage (starting at 1:34:04). He talked about:
- How to build software catalogue in kubernetes
- Need of the Developer Platform in the existing containerized application paradigm
- Integration of backstage with AWS cloud native kubernetes service
And of course, our usual group photo!
Cloud Native London December
Our next meetup will be on Wednesday 7th December, when we’ll be in person and joined by speakers from Seldon, Datree, and Vodafone. RSVP and save the date now!.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and I’ll see you next month!