Cloud Native London January 2023: esynergy, Chronosphere.io, and Giant Swarm
We had three fantastic speakers from esynergy, Chronosphere.io, and Giant Swarm joining us at our January Cloud Native London meetup at esynergy. We also had virtual attendees joining us via the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
We are immensely grateful to CircleCI, Sysdig, and Styra for your generous support and sponsorship.
Kicking off our evening was Aaron East from esynergy with An engineer’s guide to migrating to the Cloud (starting at 11:56). He talked about:
- Adapting to change: An engineer’s guide to migrating to the cloud
- Adopting cloud native principles
- Cascading changes: How an organisations transforms
Next up we had Eric D. Schabell from Chronosphere.io with a talk on 3 Pitfalls Everyone Should Avoid with Cloud Native Data (starting at 44:47). His takeaways asked if:
- Cloud native is all about data?
- Do you really need all observability data?
- Do you have a cloud data baseline?
Finally we had Carlos Arilla from Giant Swarm wrapping up our evening with a discussion on An ARMful of clusters (starting at 1:30:54). His takeaways talked about:
- Can Kubernetes properly run on ARM?
- What to do when one or more of my apps can’t run on ARM
- Tips on how to adequate build pipelines to generate images for different architectures and store the images
And of course, our usual group photo!
Cloud Native London February
Our next meetup of 2023, the first at our new venue, will be on Wednesday 1st February, when we’ll be joined by speakers from Lightstep, SUSE, and UPSIDER, Inc. RSVP and save the date now!.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and I’ll see you next month!