Cloud Native London March 2023: Styra, PolyScale.ai, and JFrog
Two fantastic speakers from Styra and PolyScale.ai joined us at our February Cloud Native London meetup at the Just Eat Takeaway offices, plus virtual attendees via the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
Kicking off our evening was Charlie Egan from Styra with a talk about Using SPIFFE and OPA to Authenticate and Authorize Workloads (starting at 11:59). His takeaways mentioned:
- What makes a good workload identity
- SPIFFE is a promising standard to consolidate platform workload identities
- When you have a standard identity, shared policies controls is easier
Next up we had Ben Hagan from PolyScale.ai with a discussion on The Complexities of Database Caching at the Edge (starting at 47:37). He talked about how:
- Caching gets complicated very quickly, with even small projects being time consuming and error prone, requiring complex testing and observability.
- Caching across multiple regions can quickly lead to consistency issues and different traffic patterns require different cache configurations.
- PolyScale.ai offers a possible solution, using automation to actively manage and configure the cache in real-time.
Unfortunately we had a technical issue with our third speaker’s talk, so apologies to anyone who joined us to hear from Kale Oum Nivrathi from JFrog, but he’ll be joining us at a future event.
And of course, our usual group photo!
Cloud Native London April
Our next meetup will be on Wednesday 5th April, when we’ll be joined by speakers from Mia-Platform, PaaSta, and Vodafone. RSVP and save the date now!.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and I’ll see you next month!