Cloud Native London November 2023: Permit.io, Nirmata, and Kubeshop
Three great speakers from Permit.io, Nirmata, and Kubeshop joined us at the November Cloud Native London meetup at the Palo Alto Networks offices, as well as via the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
Kicking off our evening was Raz Cohen from Permit.io, with a talk on Policy as Code: A Game-changer for Stack Security(starting at 14:21). His takeaways discussed:
- RBAC, ABAC, ReBAC explained - and implemented!
- Diving into OWASP Top Ten web application security risks.
- Developing authorization and access control for everyone!
Next up we had Mariam Fahmy from Nirmata telling us about Kubernetes ValidatingAdmissionPolicies and Kyverno(starting at 45:27). She talked about:
- Introducing Kubernetes ValidatingAdmissionPolicies and how it is used for resource validation
- Introducing Kyverno policies
- Generating Kubernetes ValidatingAdmissionPolicies from Kyverno
Unfortunately our third speaker had some technical issues, but she will be returning to do the talk for us in 2024, so watch this space!
And of course, our usual group photo!
Cloud Native London December
Our next meetup will be on Wednesday 6th December, when we’ll be joined by speakers from AWS, Google, and more! RSVP and save the date now!.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and see you next month!