Cloud Native London December 2023: AWS and more
Three speakers from AWS and more joined us at the November Cloud Native London meetup at the Palo Alto Networks offices, as well as via the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
We are immensely grateful to Sysdig for their generous support and sponsorship.
Kicking off our evening was Luca Berton with his talk From Zero to Hero: How to Build the Ansible Pilot Community(starting at 6:22). His takeaways discussed:
- Utilizing YouTube, Medium, and a website with a strong strategy for creating a successful Ansible community: YouTube for videos, Medium for articles, and the website for resources. Using all three platforms helps share knowledge and build a strong Ansible community.
- Luca Berton’s insights on creating the Ansible Pilot Community underscore the vital role of the community in open-source tech’s success, emphasizing the need for collaboration and engagement to boost Ansible adoption.
- How Luca Berton wrote three books “Ansible for VMware by Examples”, “Ansible for Kubernetes by Examples” and “Hands-on Infrastructure Automation” that provide practical guidance and real-world examples for leveraging Ansible’s power. This highlights the importance of offering practical resources and documentation to assist IT professionals in effectively using Ansible and similar tools in their work.
Next up we had Nagaraju Basavaraju from AWS telling us about A quick guide to AWS Observability Accelerator for CDK(starting at 31:23). He talked about:
- The importance of setting up observability for Amazon EKS clusters on your AWS environments
- How to leverage observability services such as Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus, Amazon Managed Grafana and AWS Distro for OpenTelemetry (ADOT).
- Ways that AWS Observability Accelerator for CDK can help you simplify the observability provisioning and maintenance process.
And wrapping up our evening was Octavian Tuchila discussing Via negativa Cloud(starting at 1:26:10). His takeaways mentioned:
- Why should I attend a talk by some random guy when I can ask ChatGPT? (except for drinks)
- How a human can be a better cloud expert than a statistical model
- The Lindy effect
And of course, our usual group photo!
Cloud Native London January
Our next meetup will be on Wednesday 10th January, when we’ll be joined by speakers from Aqua Security, Quickwit, and more! RSVP and save the date now!.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great winter break if you celebrate!