Cloud Native London January 2024: Quickwit, Chronosphere, and Hasura
Three speakers from Quickwit, Chronosphere, and Hasura joined us at the January Cloud Native London meetup at the Just Eat offices, as well as via the YouTube/Twitch livestreams.
We are immensely grateful to Sysdig for their generous support and sponsorship.
We also have a great event suggestion for you: Building the Ultimate Developer Platform is a platform engineering meetup being hosted by AWS on Thursday 25th January from 1pm. Register now for an afternoon of insightful talks and networking with the community.
Kicking off our evening was Francois Massot from Quickwit with his talk on Quickwit: Cloud-Native Logging and Distributed Tracing(starting at 11:05). His takeaways mentioned that:
- Observability data is going on object storage because it’s cheap.
- You need efficient engine to search through data on object storage.
- Cloud-native engines that queries your observability data on object storage will save you cost and time.
Next up we had Eric D. Schabell from Chronosphere telling us about 3 Pitfalls Everyone Should Avoid with Cloud Native Observability(starting at 47:39). He talked about:
- Many hidden costs to cloud native observability and one often forget about the instrumentation of your existing application landscape.
- Don’t get caught up in the 3 pillars, but focus on the 3 PHASES of cloud native observability to get the most out of your time and investments.
- Be nimble, be quick, and above all be sure to not get caught in the cloud native observability tooling sprawl that is pushed on you from all sides!
And wrapping up our evening was Tom Harding from Hasura discussing Transcending microservices hell for Supergraph Nirvana(starting at 1:33:00). Check out his offers below:
- Check out Hasura Cloud and get $100 Cloud Credits using the code CLOUDNATIVELONDON100
- Join the Hasura HQ Discord Server and add to the conversation
And of course, our usual group photo!
Cloud Native London February
Our next meetup will be on Wednesday 7th February, when we’ll be joined by speakers from esynergy, AWS, and TitanML! RSVP and save the date now!.
Stephen will be hosting again in February.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and see you in a couple of months!